Author Topic: CM Bugfix List (PLEASE READ)  (Read 41256 times)

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
CM Bugfix List (PLEASE READ)
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
Okay, everything seems to be more or less up and running again, with some minor problems.

Firstly, current avatars and attachments are broken.  This not only applies to in-thread attachments but also to the artwork gallery...but not the manga gallery.  I'm not sure what went wrong there, but re-uploading seems to be the only option.  :/   Some things are still okay, but most are not.  I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.  I'll even kick my own backside, because goodness knows I wanted to.

Second:  If you find any bugs, or anything that seems to be not quite right, please post it here after confirming that no one else has already posted it.  I'll check into it as soon as possible.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Chat doesn't strip slashes correctly. (fixed)
Need direct link to homepage. (added)
Repair the broken onions! (fixed)
Potential issue with profiles.  (Cache-related issue; resolved)
Possible need to reset accounts that aren't cooperating with Gallery bridge.
Potential timeout issues with chat. (fixed)
Chat connection status issue. (possibly fixed?)
Posts marked read reset to unread.  (Unlikely to be fixed but will try.)
Weird server error in MANly tutorial thread.
Reported "destination" error in the gallery.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:50:36 PM by inkhana »
What is my desolation? It is the black setting for the sapphire of His everlasting love. ~Spurgeon

"If at first you don't succeed... figure out if your definition of 'success' is correct." ~anonymous

If you send me an email/PM and I don't answer, please remind me.  I probably forgot I got it.  :(  I try to answer all messages when I can.

Offline DiamondDragon

• Dragon Empress
  • Level 9
  • Dragon Empress
    • Chronicles of the Mount
Re: CM Bugfix List (PLEASE READ)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
HOORAY!!!!!!!! CM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!! *glomps the whole Forum!* I don't mind about the avvies, I need to upload a new one anyway! (please don't kick your backside Ink! It wasn't your fault!)

EDIT: Awsome banner and home page! I love it!
♪I'm and empty page! I'm an open book!
Write Your story on my heart! Come on and make Your mark!
Author of my hope, Maker of the stars, let me be your work of art!
Won't you write your story on my heart?♫

I'm open for RPs through personal messages!

Offline splinter_02

• Deleted Account
  • Level 8
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:24 PM »
I simply uploaded my old av again.
"Who am I? Am I really what others say about me? Or am I only what I know of myself?"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Widerstand und Ergebung

Offline CreationCryptozoologist

• CC- Keeper of Dinosaurs
  • Level 8
  • Hey
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »
There's a bug in the chat room. If you type this-> ' it puts this->\ up too.
WE'RE TAKING THE DINOSAURS BACK!! www.thetruthgroup.com -- www.genesispark.com --- www.answersingenesis.org -- www.creationtoday.com -- www.dinosaursandman.com
I lay claim to Red's 3758th post Old peep ;D

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »
There's a bug in the chat room. If you type this-> ' it puts this->\ up too.

Fixed.  :)
What is my desolation? It is the black setting for the sapphire of His everlasting love. ~Spurgeon

"If at first you don't succeed... figure out if your definition of 'success' is correct." ~anonymous

If you send me an email/PM and I don't answer, please remind me.  I probably forgot I got it.  :(  I try to answer all messages when I can.

Offline KittyMarie

• Writer, Artist, Wife
  • Level 6
  • Married 5/3/14
    • HeHasPlans.Com
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Everything seems good on my end [besides the messed up artwork albums but I'm really not bothered by that] but is it just me or is there no link to the main homepage once you're on the forums? It was like that on the old site too. the only way to get to the page www.christianmanga.com is to actually put it in the address bar once you go to the forums or anywhere else I don't think there's a link to it...I don't think...unless I didn't look hard enough.....
HeHasPlans.com
Books, Comics, Blog

Offline splinter_02

• Deleted Account
  • Level 8
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »
Hey, Ink.  I have a bug.  Whenever I try to log out, I can't.  For some reason it won't let me.
"Who am I? Am I really what others say about me? Or am I only what I know of myself?"

Offline Otaku88

• The Princess, Ota-chan, Otter-chan, Oats, Oatmeal... whatever floats your boat. ^_^
  • Level 6
  • Nishiyama Hiyori from "Hiyokoi"
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »
The new banner looks awesome! It's great to have the forum back up! :D
Must hide from librarians!!! (Creation-chan, 4 u!!!)
-________- it's still a hippo, Phoenix-kun!!!

Offline Paliurus

• SPARKLING PURPLEMAN!!!
  • Level 7
  • I'm getting to old...
    • Phantom Vyb.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
Hey, Ink.  I have a bug.  Whenever I try to log out, I can't.  For some reason it won't let me.

Thats no bug, Ink has trapped us here!!!

*Insert Funny Onion*

Just noticed that Onions arent working, though they probably just need to be reuploaded.

Anyways everything looks good to me

No man is good, If one has lied they are a liar, if one has lusted they are adulterous within their heart, if one hates they are murderous in their soul, all are equal in God's eyes

Only I can stop Forest Fires and No One Else, A Bear with a Hat told me so, so don't even try it bub.

http://www.christianmanga.com/smf/index.php?topic=229.msg64018#msg64018
Rei's LEET

http://www.christianmanga.com/smf/index.php?topic=86.msg56498#msg56498
Post that Put Me over Jawz :D

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »
the only way to get to the page www.christianmanga.com is to actually put it in the address bar once you go to the forums or anywhere else I don't think there's a link to it...I don't think...unless I didn't look hard enough.....

Noted.  :)

Hey, Ink.  I have a bug.  Whenever I try to log out, I can't.  For some reason it won't let me.

Were you able to log out before the move?  It's been a long-standing issue that people can't properly log out...one I've never been able to fix.  Clearing cookies, however, will "fix" the problem.

Thats no bug, Ink has trapped us here!!!

*Insert Funny Onion*

Just noticed that Onions arent working, though they probably just need to be reuploaded.

Anyways everything looks good to me

LOL.  XD  That was one thing I forgot to check toward the end.  The onions ARE available, though, if you click the [more] link next to the row of standard emotes.  I'll switch all that back to the way it used to be.  Long story.

The new banner looks awesome! It's great to have the forum back up! :D

Thanks!  ^__^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:27:35 PM by inkhana »

Offline KittyMarie

• Writer, Artist, Wife
  • Level 6
  • Married 5/3/14
    • HeHasPlans.Com
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
@Ink a suggestion for the direct link: Clicking the banner brings you to the forum index, normally on websites if the banner links anywhere it is to the homepage. if you're able to change that then that is one way to get that direct link.
HeHasPlans.com
Books, Comics, Blog

Offline Mooch

• Level 8
  • Count Your Freedoms...
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »
HELLO CM AND INK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT! ;D Everything looks awesome, LUV the new banner and no bugs for me.......yet.....glares at PC...."don't give the forum any ideas" LOL XXD ;D
I am a girl, even though you may think otherwise...XD
Posts I've claimed: Foxie's 2200th post  Dragon-chan's 200th post  Sapphira's 6000th post  Jawzie's 1999th post Whisper's 250th post Arwen's 500th, 600th, 700th, 800th and 900th posts
*There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.*
SJunior's line and every person's thought who gets those three words at the end of the show...."HOW DARE YOU TO BE CONTINUED US!!!!" "I must save me from myself, it's the only way!!"

Offline WingFoxGirl

• I claim Brit-chan's 3500th and 5000th posts and Dragon-chan's 100th post! :D
  • Level 7
  • So long and thanks for all the fish! XDDD
    • The Crystal Den
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 01:21:13 AM »
First of all....

HAPPY DANCE THAT CM IS BACK!!!

Second, my current avatar piccy is still working for me, so until I get an avatar bug of my own, I'll probably leave it alone for now.

I haven't actually run into any bugs yet myself so, no worries from me. ;)

I'm just really REALLY REALLY happy that CM's up again. ;D

Offline splinter_02

• Deleted Account
  • Level 8
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
@Ink
Not that I need to log out or anything.  Usually I just stay logged in for an hour then get logged off automatically, so it's not a major problem...

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »
@Ink
Not that I need to log out or anything.  Usually I just stay logged in for an hour then get logged off automatically, so it's not a major problem...

Sorry if I seemed snappish or something.  :)  The reason I asked was purely technical, because if logging out USED to work for you, that means that it's possible to make it work for everyone.

@Ink a suggestion for the direct link: Clicking the banner brings you to the forum index, normally on websites if the banner links anywhere it is to the homepage. if you're able to change that then that is one way to get that direct link.

That's what I thought of too, when you mentioned it.  :)  Since the forum nav already has a home button for the forums, making the banner link to the homepage/portal makes a lot of sense.

HELLO CM AND INK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT! ;D Everything looks awesome, LUV the new banner and no bugs for me.......yet.....glares at PC...."don't give the forum any ideas" LOL XXD ;D

LOL XD  Glad you like it.  :3