Author Topic: CM's First Official Contest! With real prizes, even!  (Read 8650 times)

Online inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 8
  • Hello! <3
CM's First Official Contest! With real prizes, even!
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »
Our first contest will be a caption contest!  In short, fill in the balloons of the following strip with any text you like!

Rules

1. Fill in ALL FIVE balloons with your own text!  The best dialogue wins!  (Don't worry about editing the image.  You can just type the text in your post)

2. You can enter as many times as you like.

3.  Be sure you have permission to give me your address if you win.

4.  Your entry must be made in this thread!  No email submissions, please!  (I may never get them)

The grand prize is:
ONE MANGA OF THE WINNER'S CHOICE

Let's see what you can do!  :D
What is my desolation? It is the black setting for the sapphire of His everlasting love. ~Spurgeon

"If at first you don't succeed... figure out if your definition of 'success' is correct." ~anonymous

If you send me an email/PM and I don't answer, please remind me.  I probably forgot I got it.  :(  I try to answer all messages when I can.

Offline SpidermanFreak!

• Level 4
  • The mighty goatman551!(now has granite plate body!
Re: CM's First Official Contest! With real prizes, even!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
1:I just love the beach!

2:Yea me to!

3:Battle dog attack!!!!

4:Oh no...

5:Are you bugging them again kai!!!!!
"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ELECTRICAL BILLS "

"hey bub"-wolverine
"..........."-link

Offline Cricket

• Neeeeeerd.
  • Level 6
  • He's smiling because he won 35 minutes ago.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
My entry is attached.
The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win. - Roger Bannister

"Nothing gives a person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." - Thomas Jefferson

You are in control of your life. Don't ever forget that. You are what you are because of the conscious and subconscious choices you have made. - Barbara Hall

Offline Ichigo

• The Future awesome voice actress~President of the Elric fangirls fanclub~ I <3 DarkEd~ Fruit-chan Strawberry!
  • Level 10
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
oooh! this'll be good!!! I'll post mine later^^

I Ichigo, Hereby own Redfur's 1000th post. :3 and Star's 2000th post. and Pala-kun's 3660th and Kiwi-chan's 1999th.and Britt-chan's 200th and 1000th, Gabby-chan's 150th! and Drewix's 1776th Mwahahahaa~

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~dr. Suess
"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
-Hellen Keller
Me: C-Can I have a doodlegraph?
Vic: Doodlegraph? What's that?
Me: You know, Where you doodle and autograph ^_^
Vic: hahaha, I've never heard of that before.
Me:'cuz I just made it up ;3
Vic: Your're so cute X3 *flicks hat*

Offline Ichigo

• The Future awesome voice actress~President of the Elric fangirls fanclub~ I <3 DarkEd~ Fruit-chan Strawberry!
  • Level 10
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »
1> nothing like the beach hey rose?
2> oh yeah!
3> I don't see what's so great about it! tremble's gonna get sunburned!
4> uh-oh
5> will...you...shut...up...about...that...stupid dog?!?

I Ichigo, Hereby own Redfur's 1000th post. :3 and Star's 2000th post. and Pala-kun's 3660th and Kiwi-chan's 1999th.and Britt-chan's 200th and 1000th, Gabby-chan's 150th! and Drewix's 1776th Mwahahahaa~

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~dr. Suess
"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
-Hellen Keller
Me: C-Can I have a doodlegraph?
Vic: Doodlegraph? What's that?
Me: You know, Where you doodle and autograph ^_^
Vic: hahaha, I've never heard of that before.
Me:'cuz I just made it up ;3
Vic: Your're so cute X3 *flicks hat*

Offline Alpha621

• A local ghost
  • Deleted Account
  • Level 9
  • ヽ(.◕ˇω ˇ◕; )ノ
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 01:17:08 AM »
1.Going to the beach was a great idea.
2.Yep!!! Glad I thought of it!
3.I don't see what the big deal is! I didn't even what to come to this stupid beach!
4.Umm...what I meant to say was-
5.Look, this is the one time I get a one week vacation from work and work can be stressful, but you wouldn't know that, would you kai!? All I want to is have a little peace and relaxation; no annoyance, no obnoxiousness, nothing. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR!?!

Offline Micah

• Level 3
  • Look at the world He has made.
    • Yo-Ho-Ho!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »
Ok here is mine!

Christ is the glory of God. His bloodsoaked cross is the blazing center of that glory. By it he bought for us every blessingótemporal and eternal. And we donít deserve any. He bought them all. Because of Christís cross, Godís elect are destined to be sons of God. Because of his cross, the wrath of God is taken away. Because of his cross all guilt is removed, and sins are forgiven, and perfect righteousness is imputed to us, and the love of God is poured out in our hearts by the Spirit, and we are being conformed to the image of Christ.  ~John Piper- Don't Waste Your Life

Offline The Melody Maker

• Friendly neighborhood spambot vanquisher!
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • My personal text.
    • The BASIC FAQs & The Traveller's Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »
I'm not entering the contest.  I just felt like doing this for laughs. XD  (Ink and Cal will know what the first panel is talking about. ;) )
Fight Spam! Click Here!

-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Please check out The Traveller's Guide (complete) and Special Delivery (in progress), the games I've been working on. :)

Offline shiroihikari

• Nostalgia Junkie
  • Level 2
  • We're jumping onto White Base!
    • Nostalgia Junkie
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 11:53:57 PM »
1. Man, this Coke tastes awesome!
2. Yeah!  People prefer the taste of Coke to the taste of Pepsi!
3. LOL UR BOTH RONG!  MOUNTAIN DEW IS WINNAR!
4. Say that again and I'll pour this Coke all over your perfect hair.
5. Eeep.
Nostalgia Junkie.   Because old memories die hard.

Friendly Warning: This blog contains some PG-13 language.

Offline Micah

• Level 3
  • Look at the world He has made.
    • Yo-Ho-Ho!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »
Hey Ink, when r u gonna announce the winner?
Christ is the glory of God. His bloodsoaked cross is the blazing center of that glory. By it he bought for us every blessingótemporal and eternal. And we donít deserve any. He bought them all. Because of Christís cross, Godís elect are destined to be sons of God. Because of his cross, the wrath of God is taken away. Because of his cross all guilt is removed, and sins are forgiven, and perfect righteousness is imputed to us, and the love of God is poured out in our hearts by the Spirit, and we are being conformed to the image of Christ.  ~John Piper- Don't Waste Your Life

Online inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 8
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 12:47:02 PM »
...I knew I forgot something.  XD  I dunno, I think I'll wait a couple of weeks so people who don't visit often get a chance to participate.  If that's okay with everyone else.  ^^
What is my desolation? It is the black setting for the sapphire of His everlasting love. ~Spurgeon

"If at first you don't succeed... figure out if your definition of 'success' is correct." ~anonymous

If you send me an email/PM and I don't answer, please remind me.  I probably forgot I got it.  :(  I try to answer all messages when I can.

Offline Alpha621

• A local ghost
  • Deleted Account
  • Level 9
  • ヽ(.◕ˇω ˇ◕; )ノ
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:48:33 PM »
That's fine :D ! It'll be good for everyone to participate.

Offline The Melody Maker

• Friendly neighborhood spambot vanquisher!
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • My personal text.
    • The BASIC FAQs & The Traveller's Guide
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
By the way, I assume it's meant to be read left-to-right?  I only just thought to ask that now. XD;
Fight Spam! Click Here!

-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Please check out The Traveller's Guide (complete) and Special Delivery (in progress), the games I've been working on. :)

Offline splinter_02

• Deleted Account
  • Level 8
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
As much as I'd love to enter the contest, I can't because I'm not allowed to give out my address.  That doesn't mean I won't submit a caption though.  ;)
"Who am I? Am I really what others say about me? Or am I only what I know of myself?"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Widerstand und Ergebung

Online inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 8
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 06:25:17 PM »
Aww, that's too bad.  Can you do e-gift cards or something like that?  I think you only have to know the recipient's email address then.  Of course, if you can't place online orders, it's a moot point.  lol  ^^;;